- New RSL Honorary Fellows 2021
- RSL Fellows elected 2020
- New RSL Fellows 2021
- RSL Honorary Fellows elected 2020
- RSL Vice-Presidents elected 2020
- Companions of Literature elected 2020
- 40 new Fellows under 40 were welcomed on 27 June 2018
- Sabrina Mahfouz visited George Greens School in 2019 as part of our Young People's Outreach programme
- For Dalloway Day 2020: explore the Black history of Soho with S.I. Martin and portraits from National Portrait Gallery London.
- Read the winners and highly commended essays of our A Room of My Own competition for 14-18 year olds
- Our Tall Tales Short Stories competition winners have been announced! Read their winning entries in out Library.
- Read the A Room of My Own report about what writers need to work today
The RSL is delighted to be an affiliate on Bookshop.org, the online bookshop with a mission to financially support local, independent bookshops. You can browse our shop for books linked to our events, awards and prizes, or use the search bar below to purchase any book through our page. We receive 10% of the profits — which will go towards supporting our work for readers and writers and 10% goes to an independent bookshop.
RSL Autumn/Winter 2021 Season Announced!
We’re delighted to announce our programme of events for Autumn/Winter 2021! We’ve missed you and hope you’re as excited about what’s in store as we are. As you’ll see, while we are thrilled to be able …
Winners of the Sky Arts RSL Writers Awards Announced
We are delighted to announce the recipients of the 2021 Sky Arts RSL Writers Awards. Presented for the first time in 2021, the Sky Arts RSL Writers Awards are focused on discovering and nurturing tale …
Write Across London Poetry Map
We are thrilled to launch the Write Across London Poetry Map – showcasing the creativity of Londoners and celebrating the power of poetry to bring us together in times of isolation. In Apr …
Literature Matters: Reading Together
Supporting young people to read for pleasure in difficult times With data showing that children who enjoy reading are three times more likely to have positive mental wellbeing than children who don’t, …
Alastair Niven Awarded 2021 Benson Medal
Founded in 1916 by scholar, author and RSL Fellow A.C. Benson, the Benson Medal honours service to literature across a whole career. This year the Benson Medal has been awarded to Alastair Niven. Born …